Friday, May 13, 2005

Project Management

Last day of training today, been here for 3 days learning new skills Project Management Tools and Techniques (Revised!) But I'm still wondering what is revised from the time I learned PM as part of my curiculum 9 years ago in college and notice nothing have change. I guess the only difference is there are more structure today and the role of a Project Manager has evolved and covers almost all aspects of the Business.

What's really interesting was learning and one of the key learning points for me is the new definition of Project Management which gives me a new insights that it is not only the process managing resources but also the process of managing risk.

Overall the 'ang-moh' Trainer is really good because he was able to give insights by sharing his experiences and really gives emphasis on developing ones leadership skills to be able to qualify as a good Proj Manager such as people skills, risk management, budgeting, resouce allocation and managing your people and clients expectations. I think I learned some and was really thinking now how to use this newly acquired skills in the workplace.

No comments: